Monday, July 16, 2012

Skirty Dozen

I have a backlog of projects to show y'all.  That's probably because I've been MIA for so long.  Hey, what can I say?  I've been busy and to be honest, really rather cranky because of the politics of my job.  But, I don't want to be a Sally-Feel-Sorry-For-Myself, so I'll spare you the gruesome details.  Besides, this is the third week of my summer vacation and I am starting to feel fine.

I have been catching up on a million little projects around the house (cleaning and home dec mainly), so I feel a sense of accomplishment.  Does anyone else feel really virtuous and buoyed up after they clean and organize the house or is that just my neat freakiness talking?  One of these days I'll have to snap a few room pics to share - considering we've been in the new house almost a year now and I have been remiss in not inviting everyone over for a cup of tea (or a glass of wine or a mug of beer - hey, what ever rocks your boat!).

Anyhow, I have another outfit designed around one of my Skirty Dozen to show today.  The skirt fabric is a black/pink/grey rayon woven from Fabric Mart (I bet some of you have this exact fabric in your stash closet right now) that drapes just beautifully.  The top is a sleeveless burgundy shell that has a ribbon swirl design around the neckline and the sweater is a silver metallic fabric.  Both the top and sweater are RTW items.  The shoes are also silver metallic (to tie in with the silver sweater) and my only accessory is a silver Celtic design pin. 

It seems odd to see a long sleeve sweater for those of us suffering in the heat wave in North America right now.  However, I took this photo a couple of months back when it was much cooler outside.

That's all for today - see ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment