1. I don't really like breakfast foods, so I have a chocolate Carnation Instant Breakfast shake every morning.
2. I always wanted to be a stay at home mom, but saying that in school was frowned upon, especially in IB where we were all supposedly smart and were supposed to make things of ourselves, so I would talk about being a spy or a translator for a large company.
3. I have never been to another country
4. I studied Russian for 8 years and even majored in it in Collage but don't think I could even ask where the bathroom is anymore.
5. I participated in the 2006 Knitting Olympics where I knit a GIGANTIC man's sweater in 14 days. DH loves it.
6. I've knit that same sweater pattern 2 more times since then. Both times for women.
7. I have only had 1 "Real" job. I was applying at paper warehouse for a summer job the summer before my senior year and some random lady followed me out and asked if I wanted a job. I worked in that call center from then until just after Alex was born.
8. When asked what I do, I like to say "I am raising quality human beings"
9. I hit on DH in the parking lot of our church on the day we met, but I thought he was someone I had met a few days before. That is until he said "by the way my name is Grant"
10. I didn't tell him this until after we were married.
11. Our wedding photographer actually gave us a metal heart trivet as a prize because she said we were the most romantic couple she had ever met.
12. I credit our continued marital bliss largely in part to Dr. Laura
13. For 2 years I was severely addicted to FFXI. I thought of myself by my online name and had to stop myself from referring to Grant by his online name in real life. Since I broke the cycle I have pretty much avoided all computer games.
14. It took 2 more years to stop having dreams about the game.
15. It has been 10 years since High School and I think I finally stopped having dreams about it. I don't know how 4 years can have such a profound effect on the rest of your life.
16. I turned to knitting and the online knitting community as a way to break the video game addiction.
17. I am a combined knitter, which to non-knitters means I knit "wrong"
18. I am 1 of 5 siblings and I gave birth to 5 children.
19. When the twins were born I had 5 children ages 6 and under, although my pregnancies were all about 2 years apart.
20. One of my all time favorite books is Pride and Prejudice. I have read it twice, listened to the audio book twice, and watched both versions of the movie at least that many times.
21. I cloth diaper my 3 youngest children to save money, but actually really like the cloth better than disposables.
22. I briefly thought about making my own cloth diapers until I realized that while my knitting skills may be great, my sewing skills are not.
23. In High School my horse bowl team won the national competition.
24. When I was 10 I won 3rd place in the muttin bustin competition in the Junior Rodeo. I still have the belt buckle.
25. Until a year after I was married, I did not own a jacket that didn't have my name printed on it somewhere.